Press Nest Africa

Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Political Press
  • Government
  • NGOs
  • BRICS Forum
  • Voices / Opinions
Home Government

Two to appear in court in connection with Marry Me attack

SAnews.gov.za. by SAnews.gov.za.
March 26, 2025
Two to appear in court in connection with Marry Me attack
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Two suspects are expected to appear before the Pretoria North Magistrates Court on Wednesday in connection with the attack of community-based patrollers at the Marry Me informal settlement in Soshanguve.

The Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (Hawks) said the pair, aged 27 and 50, will appear on charges of murder, attempted murder, and possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition. 

“The firearms will be subjected to ballistic testing to ascertain whether they had been involved in other serious crimes in Gauteng,” said the Hawks.

The two were arrested on Monday by members of the Hawks’ Tactical Operations Management Section (TOMS) in Pretoria, together with the Tshwane K9 Unit, Akasia Crime Prevention, Tshwane Akasia Crime Intelligence, Public Order Policing (POP) Pretoria, Tshwane district Serious Violent Crime (SVC) and the Pretoria North Local Criminal Record Centre (LCRC).

READ | Attack on community-based patrollers condemned

“On 24 March 2025, information was received by members of TOMS regarding a group of suspects that have allegedly committed multiple murders and attempted murder in Soshanguve (Marry Me), which occurred on 22 March 2025. The police followed up on the information and traced the first suspect to Soshanguve Extension 20,” said the Hawks.

Upon arrival, police recovered one firearm, a 9MM Girsan with ammunition. The serial number had been filed off the firearm.

The police proceed to the second address in Soshanguve Extension 6, where the second suspect was arrested. 

During the arrest, the suspect was found in possession of a 9MM CZ with ammunition, and its serial number was also filed off. 

“… The suspects are allegedly linked to murders and house robberies that occurred on 21 February 2025,” said the Hawks. – SAnews.gov.za

Article link

RelatedPosts

Mashatile advocates for gender equity, local government reform

SA welcomes outcomes of COP30

Africa on the rise | SAnews

President notes US “change of mind” on G20 Summit

Related Posts

Mashatile advocates for gender equity, local government reform
Government

Mashatile advocates for gender equity, local government reform

November 27, 2025
SA welcomes outcomes of COP30
Government

SA welcomes outcomes of COP30

November 25, 2025
Africa on the rise | SAnews
Government

Africa on the rise | SAnews

November 22, 2025
President notes US “change of mind” on G20 Summit
Government

President notes US “change of mind” on G20 Summit

November 21, 2025
Global finance reform key for sustainable development
Government

Global finance reform key for sustainable development

November 8, 2025
President Ramaphosa confident in panel tasked with selecting new NDPP
Government

President Ramaphosa confident in panel tasked with selecting new NDPP

November 7, 2025
City of Tshwane commended for swift response to Typhoid outbreak
Government

City of Tshwane commended for swift response to Typhoid outbreak

November 6, 2025
SA responds to US refugee programme for Afrikaners
Government

SA responds to US refugee programme for Afrikaners

November 2, 2025
Next Post
WRISE Group Charts New Growth Path with Office Launch for WRISE Academy in Shenzhen

WRISE Singapore Appoints Paul Arni as Non-Executive Director, Strengthening Corporate Governance and Strategic Vision

Presented by K11 Art Foundation, Philip Colbert’s monumental sculpture THE LOBSTER PAINTER – a collaboration with Co-Museum – along with five other works create an immersive city takeover

Presented by K11 Art Foundation, Philip Colbert’s monumental sculpture THE LOBSTER PAINTER – a collaboration with Co-Museum – along with five other works create an immersive city takeover

SWISS REJU Ranks Number 1 in “Sunday More Beauty 100 Award”, Breaking Record with 8 Major Wins

SWISS REJU Ranks Number 1 in "Sunday More Beauty 100 Award", Breaking Record with 8 Major Wins

Natural Disasters and Car Insurance: Are You Covered for Floods and Hail?

Natural Disasters and Car Insurance: Are You Covered for Floods and Hail?

Coca-Cola in Hong Kong become Founding Partner of Kai Tak Sports Park

Coca-Cola in Hong Kong become Founding Partner of Kai Tak Sports Park

Recommended.

Ascott aims to double India portfolio to 12,000 units by 2028 and commits to grow India as a key outbound source market

Ascott aims to double India portfolio to 12,000 units by 2028 and commits to grow India as a key outbound source market

April 10, 2025
InvestHK promotes Hong Kong as Asia’s business launch pad in Eastern Europe and Middle East

InvestHK and London ETO strengthen HKSAR-UK innovation ties at London Tech Week 2025

June 12, 2025

Trending.

No Content Available

Publish News, Boost Your PR, SEO, and Business Exposure with SagloMedia's Dedicated Brand Sections

Discover More

News Publications

  • EBNewsDaily
  • South African Business News
  • BetsBulletin SA
  • PressNest
  • EconoNews
  • AfricaBiz Watch

Listing Directories

  • MySouthy
  • BizFinder Directory
  • ListBig
  • SA Companies
  • OutingPlace
  • Rental Kings

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Advertise
  • Publications
  • Company News
  • Privacy Policy
  • Copyright & Takedowns

SagloMedia

  • About us
  • Careers
  • Student Program
  • RSS Feeds
  • Press Code
  • Contact Us

Get In Touch

  • info@saglomedia.co.za
  • Tel: +27 10 880 3950
  • WhatsApp: +27 10 880 3950
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
  • SagloMedia
  • www.saglomedia.co.za
Copyright © 2025 | SagloMedia

Saglohost Web Hosting | Web Hosting South Africa | Web Design Johannesburg | Web Design South Africa | Saglotech | Web Design Company | SEO Company South Africa | SEO Company Johannesburg